Thursday, August 29, 2013

Quilting While on Vacation

Heading to Florida to see my dad and then to my favorite place on earth, Disney World.  I can't take my sewing machine with me so I will switch to hand quilting.

 After my hand applique class I am taking this to work on.  Will also try to start the next block but I will need more instruction to finish it.




This is a yo yo quilt that I am making for my oldest granddaughter, Raelynn.



By my calculations I need 1600 yo yos to make this queen size quilt. I cut all of these circles by hand.  I would draw a circle (using a template) onto the fabric and then cutting out each one of the circles.  

Again Martelli has come through with a great invention.  The circle template.  I saw them at a trade show and bought a set.  I am just sorry I didn't find this product earlier.  The rest of the 1600 circles will be cut with Martelli's circle template.



No comments: