Thursday, August 8, 2013

Beautiful Quilt

Today I went to Suzzie's Quilt Shop and ran into a wonderful woman by the name of Nancy.  She was showing us a quilt that she just finished.  It was one of the most beautiful quilts that I have ever seen.  I asked her if I could take a picture of it to put on my blog.  She was very gracious to let me do do that. So, here it is.



She has a wonderful story about the quilt. I will try to do it justice.  She made the quilt for someone (I think a family member) who was battling cancer.  The person Nancy made the quilt for is now cancer free and has decided to donate the quilt to the cancer treatment center where she received her treatments so that other people could enjoy the quilt while there at the center.  Nancy made a quilt that would take the patients to another place that was beautiful.  I think she did a wonderful job, don't you think.

Nancy has her own website with pictures of other quilts she has made. Check it out. www.PADutchGirl.com.

No comments: