Monday, August 5, 2013

Halloween Twister Quilt part 3

When you make a twister quilt, it is a different that sewing a regular quilt.  The deference is that you sew the quilt together then you cut the quilt apart and sew it back together.  Ok, even when I wrote that it sounded strange, but trust me it works and is well worth the effort.


First you sew all the squares together in the order that the pattern gives you.. In my quilt I changed things up a bit but it still looks similar to the pattern.  This was the way the pattern said to lay out the squares.




Can you see a difference in the way I ended up laying out the squares?



After sew all the squares together, you add the border.





Now comes the fun part, cutting up the quilt top.






After cutting each row of new squares, you sew each row together. Then stitch all the rows together.  Pretty cool don't you think?


1 comment:

Carla said...

Found you by searching for twister patterns. I can't believe no one has posted yet. This is very cute.