Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dallas Cowboy Quilt

It football season and I love to watch it.  I am a Dallas Cowboy fan. I was born and raised in Dallas so it is only natural that I am a Cowboy fan.  In my family growing up the women in the  were just as much or more of a football fan as the men.  I used to go to many of the Cowboy games growing up in the 70's.  I loved watching Roger Staubach play, and of course our big rival was and is the Washington Redskins.  Now I live in the Washington DC suburbs and my family is a house divided.   My oldest daughter and I are the Cowboy fans and my youngest daughter and husband are the Redskin fans.  It is very interesting in the house when they play each other as they do twice a year.

With football season starting, I decided to make a Dallas Cowboy quilt.  I found a pattern in Quick Quilts October/November 2010 magazine.





The pattern showed the New Orleans Saints, but it was easy enough to change to Dallas Cowboys (my local Joanne Fabric Store had Dallas Cowboy fabric).  I went to Suzzie's Quilt shop to get the other fabrics and I was telling her that I had eyelashes on the back of the Halloween Twister quilt.




Suzzie sell Jonome sewing machines, which is the brand of my machine.  She showed me a different bobbin holder that is supposed to get rid of the eyelashes, so I bought it.  It is the best investment I have made in a long time.  I had no eyelashes on my Dallas Cowboy quilt.



Now I'm ready for those cold winter  days to watch football.

2 comments:

Carla said...

I have a Janome also. What kind of bobbin holder? I didn't know there were more than one for my machine. I was told the eyelashes are because I was moving the fabric too fast.

Unknown said...

Hi Carla,
My name is Susy Shafer, the owner of Suzzie's Quilt Shop.
Susan told me you have a question about the bobbin case.
Yes, there are special bobbin case for free motion quilting. If you tell me what Janome model machine you have, I can tell you what knd of blue bobbin case you need or you can go to your local Janome dealer and they should be able to help you to find the right blue bobbin case for your machine. Or you can also call our shop at
703-368-3867 and order it from us. I hope this help. Thanks!