Monday, August 5, 2013

Match Play

This weekend I played my second round match.  We initially had set it up to play on Thursday but with rain in the forecast we postponed it to Saturday (this round had to be played by August 4).  The ground was wet when I got up on Thursday and I was very glad we had moved it to Saturday.  It never rained any more on Thursday.  On Saturday morning it drizzled for the first 5 holes of the match.  So much for trying to predict the weather.

Good news is I won!  I played a good friend of mine, which is not as much fun when you know that they are out of the tournament for the year.  We were well matched (that is when you add my handicap in.  She is a much better golfer than me, so she had to give me 10 strokes).  We were even for half the match.  We even had to play an extra hole.  Funny thing is we only tied one hole.

Well, on to the next round and I again have to play another good friend of mine.

No comments: