Sunday, July 28, 2013

Halloween Twister Quilt part 1

Remember that I said that I found one or two Halloween quilts to to? Well, this is the second one.  It is called Twister Jack.  It is really cute.  The only problem was that it wasn't the right size.  It took a lot more tweaking than I initially thought, but I think I finally got it to work.

Here is what I did.  First I wanted it square, the pattern called for 13 X 14 rows. No problem, I took off the top row.  Next I wanted it to measure 36" square.  The pattern said the sizes were 24" X 26" or 14" X 15".  Each size depended on which size twister you used.  I had an even larger twister than the ones for either of the sizes in the pattern.  The only problem was that it was going to make it too big.  After a lot of thought and the help on the owner of my favorite quilt store (Suzzie's Quilt Shop), we figured that if I take a row off of all four sides and the quilt would be the perfect size.

Now comes the fun part.  Buying the fabric!   I have fallen in love with batik fabrics.  If you haven't sewn with them give them a try.  I didn't see the fascination a first but after using some batik fabrics, I don't want any other fabrics in my quilts.  These are the fabrics I picked out for this quilt.

 

No comments: