Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weekend Golf

I had a tee time for Sunday with my husband. I don't normally play on the weekend unless my husband wants to play with me.  I usually play on the week days because I don't work.  I like to leave the weekend tee times for those who can only play on the weekend.

 So, all that said, I was asked to play on Saturday too at the last minute. If I didn't play with her she wouldn't get to play at all. So I told her I would play nine holes with her on Saturday.

Sunday came and I played 18 holes with my husband. We came into the clubhouse and sat down to have some lunch.  The club pro came up and said that he needed a woman to play in couples golf that afternoon.  He explained that a new member of the club wanted to play and he didn't have anyone to play with.  The other woman at the table had plans later that day so she couldn't play.  I reluctantly said I would play.  That meant that I was going to play 27 holes that day.  I have only one other time in my life played 27 holes.

I did survive my marathon golf weekend  better than I expected to.  Don't get me wrong, I was very tired Sunday night.

No comments: