Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Starting Halloween Block of the Month

So, I am getting addicted to Block of the Month. I have started my second Block of the Month, and the theme is Holloween.

Halloween is not my favorite holiday, not to say that I don't like Halloween.  I do like Halloween, I just don't get into all the decorations.  Usually I try to find something that I can use for both Halloween and Thanksgiving. Well, this year I found so many cute quilts for Halloween that I had to try one (or two).

Sew Spooky is a Block of the Month Halloween quilt. I bought it from Keepsake Quilting.  When I got my first month, it came with large fabric kit and accessory kit along with the first months directions. So I dug right in.

I followed the cutting directions and had the bare bones block finished in no time.  Then came the embellishments.  I cut out the applique pieces as well as the accessories.  I followed the instructions and the block started to look really cool.  Can't wait for second month.



No comments: