Friday, October 4, 2013

Original Sewing and Quilt Expo

Today I went to the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Fredericksburg, VA.  For those of you who think it is more about sewing than quilting, you couldn't be more wrong.  I would say that 75% of the show was dedicated to quilting. I had a great time wondering through all the booths.  For this expo I concentrated on patterns.  Boy did I find a lot.  Let me share with you some of the things that I picked up.


I have always wanted to do a nativity quilt.  I probably won't have it finished before this Christmas, maybe next Christmas.



I figured this would be a great go to table runner.



I always wanted to learn the tea leaf pattern.  This looked quick and easy.


How could I resist this with two daughters and three granddaughters. The words are covered up by the flash, but it says "Sometimes I miss my sister".  I'm thinking I'll make it for my oldest granddaughter.


OK, I know it is not quilting but how cute is this petite wallet and this checkbook wallet.


I have been admiring this in the Keepsake Quilting catalog for awhile.  Can't wait to try it.


This was done by the same person that designed the "Up North" quilt.



I think they are supposed to be wall hangings but I think they would make great table runners.  One of my goals is to have a table runner for every season.  These will help a lot.



I also stopped by the Martelli booth.  I met Linda Winner and she was telling me that they have redone all of their instructional videos.  She was really excited about them.  The best place to find her videos is www.youtube.com/lindavideos.

While I am talking about Martelli, there is a Redline Direct coming up on October 10.  Up next is cutting mats.  These mats last a life time.  I don't know about you but I go through mats.  I'm getting one from the show, it is the demo mat, but since they last forever I don't mind that it is used.


No comments: