Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Grandmother's Flower Garden

After spending many hours on the internet, I came up with a pattern to make my "Grandmother's Flower Garden" quilt.  I really liked both the green background and the white background so I decided to incorporate both into my design.

So, I decided to make a double flower with white hexagons around the flower and then a row of green around the flowers.  I also decided to make all the centers in yellow.

Now that I had my design in my head I went to the internet to download some hexagon graph paper. I went to the bottom of the page and used the 5ish to the inch black link, and printed the paper.


 Using colored pencils I mapped out my design.  This may change, but it is a start.


Now it is time to start my "Grandmother's Flower Garden" quilt.

I am going to try to post my progress each week on the blog.  So look for updates every Tuesday!


 Week one progress!

No comments: