Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Member/Guest Tournament: River Creek

Well, my team won second net! Didn't expect that.  The tournament was wonderful and I had a great time.  The theme was beach so Carol and I went to Five Below and bought a few beach related items. Included in those items were a buggy board, beach mat, and beach towel.

We had fun decorating our carts when we arrived at River Creek on Friday.  Before we started our round of Friday we had brunch and ordered our golf shoes (which were our tee gift). After Friday's round my team was tied for the lead in both gross and net. I never expected that. We came into the clubhouse and had drinks and heavy appetizers. Everything was great.

Saturday was an early morning for me. I left the house at 7:10 AM. When we arrived at River Creek there was a breakfast waiting for us. We also had a hat as another tee gift waiting for us in our cart.  Saturday's mornings round started of really bad. My partner put two balls in the junk on 15 (which is what hole we started on) so it was up to me to play the hole (format was best ball from the two woman team). After a good drive I managed to score a 9 on that hole. Yuck! After that we settled down but I still thought we had no chance with the nine on the first hole.

No comments: