Friday, April 18, 2014

The Quilters Quilt

I went into Suzzie's Quilt shop and found the really neat sewing themed fabric.  The fabric is Sewing Box by Gina Martin. I really liked the fabric so much that I picked up the Yellow Brick Road pattern by Atkinson Designs to make a lap quilt with the Sewing Box fabrics.  The pattern calls for fat quarters (12 for a lap quilt).

Just a small note.  I used bamboo batting (Nature-Fil Batting by Fairfield).  I had the easiest time quilting this quilt than I had with any of my other quilts.  I don't know if it was the batting or not but from now on I am only using  Nature-Fil Batting.

I have named this quilt The Quilters Quilt because both my husband and my son-in-law both called it the quilters quilt when I showed it to them.


After I finished the quilt, I went to Suzzie's quilt shop to show Suzzie the quilt.  She and another worker liked the quilt so much that both of them picked out the same fabrics  to make this quilt for themselves.  Suzzie asked me to bring the quilt back on Wednesday for Quilt Club.  After showing the quilt at Quilt Club two more people were wanting to buy the fabric to make this quilt. Wow, I didn't realize how popular this quilt would be.

No comments: